2005 League Meeting
October 22th, 2005 - Jeff Easton's house
A quorum was present for all votes
The following rules were approved by the league
- All passed rule changes will take effect immediately unless otherwise
- All Injuries will be remainder of the game only
- Playoff usage - At bat limited players
For players who were at-bat limited during the season, first check the key
based on their games played like normal, then subtract one 'start' and add
an extra pinch-hit appearance. For example, a batter with 115 games who is
at-bat limited would get 4 starts and 2 pinch hit appearances in the
- Playoff usage - relievers
The following table will be used for reliever eligibility
- Allow any team the right to change their ball park without compensation
(i.e. 5th round draft pick) if they have had their same ball park for at
least a 3 year period. Also, all available ball parks should also be
announced before the draft.
- League dues will be reduced to $35 a year
The following rules were voted in 2004 & will be implemented in 2006
- Starters (non-asterisked) must have 4 days of rest between starts.
Pitchers that are asterisked can start on 3 days of rest. This does
not apply in the playoffs (all pitchers can pitch on 3 days of rest).
Double-headers will also be eliminated to prevent teams from needing 6
starters on their roster.
- Removed the ability for a starter to be pulled prior to the 5th inning
if a team is down by 3 runs. A starter can only be pulled prior to the
5th inning if he is dotted, injured, or given up 5 runs.
Other league business
- Don Leigers & Keith Gilmore were elected & appointed as co-commissioners for the 2006 season
- Mike Thurston will continue to serve as the treasurer.