2012 League Meeting
November 10th, 2012 - Jeff Easton's house
A quorum was present for all votes
- Delayed injuries
In addition to the current delayed injury rules,
the injured player must use the Pitcher 1 weak card.
- Changes to active roster player eligibility
Beginning in the 2014 season, players kept on the 15 man roster can be used
on the active roster even if they do not meet eligibility requirements. This
ability is waived if the player changes teams at any time post-protection.
The kept player could play in the regular season, but would be ineligible
for the playoffs. Any player acquired after 15 man keepers, either through
trade or the draft, would still be subject to the normal eligibility rules.
- Trade deadline
Move the trade deadline back to
- Roster restrictions
Use plate appearances vs. at
bats for roster eligibility
- Safety squeeze
Eliminate the safety squeeze
For a trade to be official, an e-mail needs to be
sent to the trade secretary, roster keeper, and the other affected manager
Managers taking over vacant teams will draft behind the non-playoff teams
and before the playoff teams
Other league business
- Craig Eddy will be rejoining the RSBL in 2013 and has full GM
capabilities with the Reds. Don Leigers will be playing games for the
Reds until Craig is ready to take over.
- Scott Thurston will be taking over the vacated Nationals. His new
team name will be the Bisons.
- The Reds, Whales, & Venom will be moving to the NL
- The Uncallables, Nationals, & Roadrunners will be moving to the AL
- Jim Proffit & Earl Estes will work on setting up the banquet sometime in
- Draft is scheduled for February 15th/16th. Due to possabilities
with card delays or weather, please keep the following weekend open.